Arrive ahead of time…
- Ample free parking is provided on site.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of class to allow plenty of time to check in. We reserve the right to deny class entry to anyone who arrives after the start time.
- Please enter and leave the studio quietly. Take time to sit in quiet meditation to mentally and physically prepare for class. Conversations should be kept at a low volume.
- Please silence mobile devices upon entering the studio as a courtesy to others.
- Every student is required to sign in at the front desk tablet.
- First-timer? New students are required to sign a waiver prior to participating in their first class, so please arrive 15 minutes early your first time to do so. Online waivers through Mindbody are acceptable. Please also get comfortable and take a look around your new yoga studio!
- Inform your teacher of any injuries or if you are new to yoga prior to each class.
- Group public classes are for students aged 14 and over. If you are aged 14 to 18 we require signed parental consent.
- Please do not leave early without giving the instructor prior notice; we want to make sure that you are ok!
Bare feet = happy soles…
- Leave your outdoor shoes at the entrance on the rack provided.
- Keep the studio clutter-free by putting your extra items in the cubbies provided – please no personal belongings in the practice space.
- Bring a reusable water bottle; we are happy to provide fresh filtered water at the studio.
- Please avoid perfumes or other scented products as some people are allergic.
- Be neat, quiet and mindful as you enter and leave the studio.
- Be friendly; Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness is a community-centered space – say hello to someone new.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure….
- If you have health concerns, please see your doctor before your practice and bring a note to class. We do not and cannot offer medical advice.
- Pregnant students require a doctor’s note.
- Look after your body; ask for modifications and choose a class that suits your body and your fitness level.
- At the close of class, please sanitize and replace all props and mats to their proper location. Mat cleaner is provided.
- Attend class in good health (no colds/seasonal illnesses please) and in good hygiene. If you are sick or have anything contagious, please do not attend – stay home and take care of your body.
- Yoga should never be painful. If something doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. Ask your instructor for another option.
- Listen to your body as you know it best.
- Please rest whenever you need to. Sit back into child’s pose or lay in Savasana.
- Choose a style of yoga that works for you; if you’re new to yoga start with Gentle Hatha, Slow Flow or Classic Barre. We also periodically offer intro & beginners’ sessions to provide the basics in a workshop setting – check our schedule for when the next session will run.
- Unsure of which class to take? See our Class Descriptions for more information.
- Please see the Terms & Conditions below for further info on buying passes, pausing your pass and returns/refunds.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment for classes – Payment is always due prior to services rendered.
- Why do memberhsips and passes have expiry dates? We do it for you! Purchasing a contract is making a commitment to yourself, your health, and your body. You are paying Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness for a service; incentive, encouragement and accountability are part of that service. If you’re taking classes and want to see results, the expiration dates are what we think will guide you to the best results.
- Refunds and transfers – All passes and purchases have an expiration date and are non-refundable. We will not give refunds for classes not taken or partially taken. Passes can only be used for regular scheduled classes and exclude special workshops and registered series. If a credit card purchase is made erroneously and a refund is requested, please note that a fee equal to the interchange rate will be deducted from the refund. You may not allow another person to use your membership or its benefits; doing so may result in suspension and/or cancellation, with any outstanding balance due payable immediately.
- Freezing and holding packages/series – We do not extend freezes for packages unless the circumstances are dire, as in extreme illness or injury on a case by case basis. Class packages may not be extended to accommodate business travel or vacation dates!
- Workshops/Series/Programs payment – A deposit is required (if applicable to the program), and tuition payment is required in full the first day of class, unless there is a specific payment plan offered and selected at the time of purchase. If you select the payment plan option (if applicable to the workshop/series/program you are participating in), the deposit (if applicable) plus the first installment is due on the first day of class. No exceptions. Registration can be completed over the phone or online.
- Ending a contract/Cancellations – Students can only cancel their autopay membership if they have completed their minimum contract commitment. We require 30 days written notice to cancel any autopay membership – If the minimum commitment is not met, they can leave their contract early by paying for half of the remaining time left on their pass (minimum charge of one month).
- Transfers: Time transferred to another student will be added to that student’s existing commitment (or new student) in order for the original pass-holder to leave their contract early. All future payments remaining on the contract will be transferred over and the responsibility of the transferee to pay the monthly cost. A $50 transfer fee will be charged to the original pass holder.
- Why ‘no refund’ policy?
That the number of classes run, teachers pay, advertising, rent, expenses etc, is based on the number of passes sold. That when a student agrees to pay with post-dated debit/credit card, we are actually offering a discount based on the commitment we are receiving. Our monthly payment plan (without added cost to the student) was meant to make it easier for a student to pay. *Though we acknowledge many businesses offer refunds, being an independent small community business, we don’t have the reserve or resources larger companies do. We have a no refund policy the same way small, independent stores have the same. Instead, we have offered our transfer and suspension policies to help address students’ concerns, which can then also allow Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness to stay sustainable.
CPA Regulations: As of January 2019, Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness’ Cancellations, Transfer and Suspension policies are amended to follow the regulations set out by the Canadian Consumer Protection Act. For more information please visit CPA’s website: http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/04002_00
- Workshops/Series/Programs cancellation – If you cancel 7+ days prior to the program start date, you will be issued a refund minus a 10% administration fee. No refunds, transfers or credits for cancellations within 7 days of the scheduled start date. In addition, no refunds or credits for failure to attend or complete the session.
- Workshops/Series/Programs schedule changes – Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness reserves the right to cancel or change the date of a class, workshop, or specialty class at any time. We will do our very best to notify all students by email, Facebook, our website and by verbal announcements as soon as possible.
- Inclement weather cancellations – On some occasions it may become necessary to close the studio due to inclement weather. Please check your email and/or Facebook and this website for weather cancellations.
- You agree to abide by all Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness’ rules, regulations and schedules. These may be amended from time to time, at Sweet Serenity Yoga and Wellness’ sole discretion.